Homeschool Start-to-Finish Seminars & Parent Qualifying Courses
Investigating or beginning homeschooling? Want to re-evaluate, refresh, & tune up your approach? Or need to meet state requirements? This 10-hour, Onsite or Online Download Video Course is for you — and it meets the requirements for a Parent Qualifying Course!
- What homeschooling IS and IS NOT both Biblically & legally
- Determining foundational Biblical & personal criteria for YOUR homeschooling decisions
- Where to start & when with children of different ages
- Overview of education approaches & curricula options
- Hopping over homeschool hurdles
- Biblical family relationships &child training—Part 1
- Keeping going by keeping God’s focus … and more
- Fresh & do-able curriculum/educational options for upper grades
- Getting it all in with a workable plan for YOUR family
- Biblical family relationships & child training – Part 2
- Inspiring your children to love learning
- Teaching practical skills
- Testing & record keeping options
- Preparing your child for adulthood
- Creative ways to augment your homeschool program
- Finishing well for God’s glory… and more.
2014 Attendee Responses:
"Was so blessed!"
"The information was so valuable and necessary."
"Thankful for this class and can't wait to implement the things I learned."
“Great content; Thank you both very much for your encouragement and sharing your experience and knowledge.”
“I was glad to hear your session on curriculum choices. And also to hear some of the dangers of some homeschool methods. Thank you for all of the inspiration and practical tips”
“I learned more than I thought I would learn. Your display of resources and your list of helpful materials was very helpful. I look forward to another seminar.”
“Good balance between topics/teaching style w/both Susan & Mary. Thank you for this blessing!”
"The information shared and heart with which it was presented was excellent. Thank you for pouring yourselves out for us."
"It was really good to be reminded that we are homeschooling for much more than education. We are really discipling our children in all walks of life for the glory of GOD."
“Most helpful! Thank you very much for sharing your heart with us. All the practical advice was great. Thank you again!”
“Wonderful resources, helpful anecdotes and strategies. Thank you for sharing so much. Many of us grew up without these kinds of examples and structure.”
“Well spoken; lots of data that I needed. Good reminder of the priorities we should have for our children.”
“I really enjoyed the classes, they helped me a lot, and I will use everything I learned. … I know the Lord put me in this path (class) for a reason.”
Michael & Susan Bradrick, of Montesano, WA, are blessed to be the parents of nine children, ages 24-43, and the grandparents of 37—all of whom are being home educated. The family began their homeschooling adventure in 1981 and have spoken together at many homeschool groups and conferences nationwide. The Bradricks are founders and directors of Family Discipleship Ministries and co-founders of Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington. Susan, a former public school English teacher, authored the multi-level, Christ-centered English & composition curriculum Understanding Writing.
In 1982, Neil and Mary Craig began homeschooling their five children who now range in age from 26-37 They are co-founders and board members of Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington where Neil serves as President/Executive Director. Mary has been a workshop speaker at several of the annual conferences and is sought out by many mothers who are looking for instruction in child training. The Craig family worked with Russian orphans for seven years, living in Moscow, Russia and Indianapolis, Indiana. Music continues to be an important part of their lives and ministry. The Craigs currently reside in Spokane, Washington.
A Note from Mary & Susan:
We greatly enjoyed our time with all the HStF attendees in 2013 & 2014. And we look forward to visiting with many more of you at our Homeschooling Start-to-Finish Seminars this year!
Perhaps You’re Thinking, “I’m a Bit Confused. Why Offer these Courses?”
1. Numerous prospective and current homeschooling parents have had little discipleship themselves—especially pertaining to the “start to finish” home-based education & discipleship of their children.
2. Others, who were discipled well, find they now need to think thoroughly and systematically through the many options and decisions to be made as they pursue discipling & educating their own precious ones.
3. In addition, numbers of well-experienced homeschooling parents feel they need a refreshing boost & renewed inspiration to move beyond their current status and to finish well.
4. And finally, many Christian homeschooling parents lack the Parent Qualifying Certification specified in the WA State Home-Based Instruction Law when neither parent has 45 quarter credit hours from a post-secondary educational institution. And these parents are seeking a PQC that is firmly grounded in God’s Word and with the primary goal of training their children for God’s glory.
Seminar Session Titles:
- Homeschooling Basics Biblically & Legally--What It IS and What It IS NOT
- The Key to Christ-Centered Homeschooling-Part 1
- Homeschooling Approaches & Curricula: Choosing the Best for YOUR Family
- Getting It All In: Making Workable Plans for YOUR Family
- The Key to Christ-Centered Homeschooling-Part 2
- Homeschooling the Primary & Secondary Years: Curriculum, Record Keeping, Testing, & More —You Can Do It!
- “Keeping Your Child’s HEART – All the Way Through”
- Finishing Well & Preparing Your Children for the Future
First, you may take this seminar online or onsite in various locations around the state. There are advantages to both:
Onsite courses allow you to:
- Participate in the extensive Q&A sessions, interact with the instructors during breaks & meal time, and get to know others attending the sessions.
- Peruse the extensive home-based discipleship resources on display.
Online course allow you to:
- Take the seminar whenever it fits your schedule and without leaving your home.
- Pause the sessions to take notes and replay them as many times as you wish.
You may take the seminar as a “Seminar Only” or you can take the seminar as a state approved “Parent Qualifying Course,” if needed.
The “PQC” Option:
- This option requires taking the entire seminar plus completing additional assignments in order to receive a Diploma of Certification to Homeschool.
- The certification makes it legal in Washington to home educate with no outside supervision of any sort. (see “Why This Course?” above).
The “Seminar Only” Option:
- Enroll in the seminar simply for your own edification and encouragement.
- This option entails no assignments or requirements.
PQC Requirements Include:
- Choosing and reading one book from the supplied list of helpful books, as well as reading all materials provided in the handouts.
- Writing brief pieces pertaining to the seminar content and the reading you have done.
- Completing these assignments within the specified time limit.
There are currently no onsite seminars scheduled.
Online Download Course Pricing:
Seminar & Qualifying Course.........$95
Online Course Includes:
- 8 hours of video instruction
- Permanent video download
- Downloadable handouts
- Handouts may be duplicated, in their entirety, for group viewing.
- Video may not be duplicated & given to others for any reason.
- Video & handouts © Christian Heritage Home Educators of Washington