Apple Pie Tradition
We will not be having a Day at the Capitol in 2018
and dedicated volunteers are essential to making this meaningful
event happen next year!
Please contact us if you would be interested to volunteer to help as a Legislative Liaison, DAC Event Coordinator, Apple Pie Coordinator, or be willing to Make and Deliver a Homemade Apple Pie.
Our positive presence at the Capit0l is very important
in preserving our homeschool freedoms!
The Annual Apple Pie Tradition has been such a great success over the years! This event is part of our Annual Home Educators’ Day at the Capitol.” Each year Home Educators bless their representatives and senators by serving them homemade apple pies! The results?
- Delighting our government authorities with a unique and delicious gift
- Making our presence known to our state legislators and other officials
- Letting them see our faces and meet us as real people
- Giving parents and students opportunity to ask questions and share why homeschooling is important to them.
We are very thankful for how the Lord blessed us as we tried to bless and honor those who serve in our state government.
We need more gracious volunteers to make this event possible. · Would you consider volunteering as the Apple Pie Coordinator or be willing to making one or more homemade apple pies?
· Please Note: We are stressing the home made.
- It is very impressive to receive a pie that someone took the time and effort to plan and make.
- It makes the receiver feel very special that someone thought well enough in advance about them to take time out of their busy schedules to bake them a pie!
Each year we have been able to deliver a homemade apple pie to all 147 legislators, the governor and lt. governor. We are praying to be able to do so again this year.
Would you please consider participating this year?
And would you please encourage other families to join you and sign up now?
Let’s keep homeschooling alive and well respected by those who represent us in Olympia! Please join us in blessing and praying for those who help pass laws in our wonderful state of Washington.
If you want to partipicate in this event please let us know on this contact form.
A Few Helpful "Apple Pie Tradition" Hints from a participating family
Our family started baking about a week before the event, wrapped the pies neatly and securely in plastic, and froze them.
- We took them out to thaw the evening before they were to be delivered.
- This process allowed us to make several pies on more than one occasion.
Or, you could get together with other families and make a day of it.
- A few families could get together for a fun day of baking.
- “Many hands make light work.” It also makes it more fun!
We are looking forward to seeing what the Lord will do in Olympia with our representatives. Please consider being a part of this event. We appreciate your time and consideration in making this happen. You have already been a blessing. Thank you for your support!
The Apple Pie Team