Dear Fellow Dads,
I love my boys – all five of them – and I want the very best for them. I want them to grow up to be mighty men who fear God, and God alone. But I also want them to be tender, humble, self-sacrificing men who lay down their lives for others.
Sometimes it’s tempting to look for a special formula that will guarantee our sons will turn out exactly as we envision. There isn’t a special formula.
I’m convinced, however, that there is a special journey. This is the journey of a father walking beside his son into manhood. This is the journey of a father giving his heart to his sons, with the desire for their hearts in return.
This is the journey I’m seeking to walk with my five boys. And if you desire to walk this journey too, I’d like to invite you to listen to the recording of this Christian Heritage OnAir Live Video Broadcast recorded on August 5, as we explore:
- How we can give our hearts to our sons, and truly make the effort to gain their’s.
- How we can build trust with our sons.
- How we can help our sons reach their full potential, acknowledging their unique natural gifts, spiritual gifts, personalities, and passions.
- How we can train our sons to understand the importance of work and diligence.
- How we can lovingly chasten our sons as our Heavenly Father chastens us.
- How we can teach our sons to love God and others, preferring others better than themselves.
- How we can give our sons the opportunity to exercise leadership….and fail in the process.
Posted on August 7, 2014 in Activities, Broadcasts, Child Training, Christian Heritage OnAir, Family Discipleship, Family Ministry, Fathers, Homeschooling, Marriage, Personal Discipline, Scripture, Young Men