The phone rings and the voice on the other end of the line says, “I just moved to your state and I am new to homeschooling, can you help me?” I talk with a homeschool family and they share that something has gone wrong – the lives of some of their children are in shambles. I listen to a message of a well-known speaker and hear more horror stories of families who are desperately in need of help. As I drive the streets of my city, I see countless faces of young people who have hopelessness, aimlessness, boredom and despair written heavily on their faces. Even in a quick trip in and out of the grocery store, it is rare when I do not encounter a frustrated parent who likely is internally groping for answers about parenting and perhaps life.
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Christian Heritage wishes you and your family a joyous celebration as you center your week around Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world and God Incarnate.
"He was created of a mother
whom He created.
He was carried by hands
that He formed.
He cried in the manger in wordless infancy, He the Word,
without whom all human eloquence is mute."
--Augustine of Hippo
Dear Friends of Christian Heritage,
This is an exciting letter for us to write as we mention a few highlights of how God has blessed the ministry of Christian Heritage in 2012 and announce several new ministries for 2013.
- The NEW Christian Heritage website has been launched! As a part of this website, the Christian Heritage Network will help your family find support and encouragement throughout the year by connecting with other like-minded Christian Heritage families in your area.
- With about 1,000 in attendance, the IndoctriNation Screening tour was used by the Lord to inspire many families with renewed conviction to stand strong, and in some cases, the courage to begin homeschooling for the first time!
- Family discipleship is growing in our state! We were blessed with a 47% increase in attendance at our 2012 annual conference. To God be the Glory.
In 2013, we are launching at least four new initiatives:
- A year-long series of webinars begins in February designed to support you throughout the year in the thick of your family discipleship and homeschooling journey.
- A Pastors’ Luncheon is being hosted by Christian Heritage on February 26, 2013 to introduce your pastor and many others throughout WA to the purpose and ministry of Christian Heritage.
- Four Regional Homeschool Nuts & Bolts Seminars will be held throughout the state in March to advance the vision of home education and discipleship at a grassroots level.
- In addition to our annual conference, the Christian Heritage Family Economics and Mentorship Conference, October 11 & 12, 2013 will inspire and equip your family to embrace a Biblical vision for work, provision, and higher education.
$30 Thank You Gift for All Christian Heritage Families
These are just a few of our plans and ideas! However, it is only through the Lord’s blessing and your faithful support that we have been able to move forward in these exciting endeavors. We want to express our gratitude with a gift that we trust will launch you into 2013 with renewed vision and courage. Please follow this link to download an audio set of your choice from our Seasons of Discipleship Collections with this $30 coupon code: “YEARENDGIFT” (active through December 31, 2012).
In 2012, we have witnessed an unprecedented assault on the Christian family.
According to an October 9, 2012 Pew Research Center study, a full 50% of “Christians” now believe homosexuality should be accepted in society. Why? It is because we have been losing the battle for the hearts and minds of the next generation. But, by God’s grace,as the assault on the Christian family increases, our vision is to educate, train and equip a new generation to advance God’s Kingdom in a culture which is crumbling around us.
If you share this vision and mission, we humbly ask that you prayerfully consider how you can help Christian Heritage with a gift of any amount – one that will allow us to continue the vital outreaches we have been called to. There are almost three million families in WA, and only about 30,000 of them homeschool. Far fewer are Biblically discipling their children. A gift of $50 or more will help us penetrate this untapped opportunity as well as continue the essential support we are committed to providing you.
Christian Heritage Treasurer: 3125 SE La Linda Ct, Port Orchard, WA 98366
Thank you for your partnership with us!
The Christian Heritage Board
Neil Craig, Michael Bradrick, Pastor Tim Roth, Bret Bryan, Pastor Craig Houston.